PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE DIP
adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 – 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Gingersnaps and/or fresh fruit for serving
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time), pumpkin pie spice, and ginger until combined.
- If your dip is too thick, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it out. Keep in refrigerator and serve cold.
Follow these steps to create your own beautiful Maine Cottage® Grand Mum pumpkin. If anyone creates their own pumpkin we’d love to see photos. We will post them on the blog and Facebook. Please send all photos to email@example.com.
You will need the following to complete your carving.
- One pumpkin
- Pumpkin Carving Kit — we purchased ours from Target
- Speedball Linoleum Cutters — allows you to make fine cuts into pumpkin
- One glass or mason jar — we will use this to wrap the lights around to place in pumpkin
- String of lights or candle
- Template of your choice
Using a Sharpie draw a circle around the top of the pumpkin
Following the line you just drew use the saw tool to cut the top out.
Scoop out all the seeds — the fun part
Place template onto pumpkin
Trace template onto pumpkin. There are several different methods and it really depends on the complication of the template. We poked holes in the template and then placed marker over top those holes to ensure we were cutting out the correct parts.
Wrap lights around glass or jar and place inside pumpkin. Plug in and enjoy the beauty. Of course you can also substitute good ole candles.
Have fun with it, it doesn’t have to perfect that’s the fun of it all. As you can see our design was inspired by Grand Mum Fabric but we didn’t hold ourselves to having to be 100% accurate, some artistic freedom is wonderful.
Here’s our final pumpkin, lit up and ready for our trick-or-treaters!
HAPPY PUMPKIN CARVING FROM MAINE COTTAGE! Don’t forget to send us your creations.
The Maine Cottage® blog is a window into what inspires our designers to create cottage style furniture, coastal colors and unique fabric patterns. Whether you're an interior designer that specifies our products, a color consultant with creative block or a homeowner ready to live on the colorful side—welcome to our color drenched journey!
Join Our E-mail List
- Color & Cocktails
- Color Cures
- Desktop Downloads
- Expert Tips
- Fresh Ideas
- Maine Cottage Cookbook
- Maine Cottage Features
- Maine Cottage Gift Ideas
- Maine Cottage Showhouse
- Monthly Color Feature
- Mother's Day
- Sponsorship & Events
- Spring Desktop Wallpapers
- Tracy Glover Lamps
- Wednesday Wisdom Quotes
Tag Cloud200 Fabrics All Weather Wicker Annapolis Art beach Beach House Charleston Designer Showhouse coastal coastal furniture Coastal Home Coastal Living color colorful furniture Color Idea Color Ideas cottage Cottage Living country Country Living designer fabric furniture home house interior design juicing living Made in USA Maine Maine artist Maine Cottage Maine Cottage: 40 Colors Maine Cottage As Seen In Maine Cottage Colors Maine Cottage Fabrics Maine Cottage News Maine Cottage Upholstery Maine Cottage Wicker mango Metropolitan Metropolitan Kitchen & Lounge metropolitan kitchen and lounge Seating USA Wicker